How would you understand all that it means to be a college freshman the minute you step onto campus? Don’t worry, we’re here to help you. At Siena Heights we offer you the opportunity to learn about our institution, the concepts of a liberal arts education, our mission, your new community and yourself in the First Year Experience program. College is one of the greatest transitions a person will face. We want that transition to be as smooth as possible for all students. All incoming freshmen will participate in FYE, a two-semester academic program. The FYE course objectives are:
- To introduce you to the mission of Siena Heights University.
- To expose you to the benefits of a Siena Heights University education.
- To introduce you to the history and mission of the University’s founders and sponsors: the Adrian Dominican Sisters.
- To make you aware of campus resources, such as the Writing Lab, the Career Center and the Library.
- To help you develop a greater knowledge and understanding of yourself.
- To help you develop skills and tools for success at Siena Heights University and in life.
- To introduce you to the learning outcomes for the Liberal Arts Studies program at Siena Heights University.